[Zope] Re: Windows Server 2003

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 23:53:51 -0600

>>>Is there something obvious I might be missing?
>>>

>>At the risk of being too obvious: you are going to
>>
>>http://localhost:8080
>>
>>right?
>>

>Yes -- I am reasonably Zope competent, run an XP and Win2000 Zope --
>as far as I can tell I attempting access correctly.

Forgive me my assumptions: all too often I find myself telling people
how they have to be online to access their email.

"Oh. Really?"

>>If so, perhaps your OS is doing some sort of firewalling?
>>
>Perhaps -- nothing obvious that I can see though -- I just installed
>this software to assess how Zope runs on it -- not very well so far
>but I will keep digging.

I would suggest trying the FTP or WebDAV ports to see if you get
anything there, and also perhaps changing the HTTP port to 80. That's
terribly unlikely to be blocked. I'm assuming you can see that the
Python processes are running: if so, perhaps you can try the
scripting-Zope-by-ZEO method to see if anything actually is happening.

And do you get anything by way of log activity or console output ?
(assuming this Windows Server thingy has a console...)

            --jcc