[Zope] Help Needed - Case for Zope

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:14:14 -0600

>I saw these earlier. These seem to be the only numbers, or 'real' numbers
>available. But they're OLD! ZServer has improved between Zope 2.1 (which is
>when I last used it) and now. I think showing Zope to be faster than Tomcat,
>as the numbers indicate, will be difficult to support, especially since I
>don't believe it myself.

I don't know what's not to believe. A servlet engine has at least as
much to do as Zope, if not more.

Although benchmarks are a very small part of the story as far as I'm
concerned, there is a need for such numbers. I think I'll try to find
time Thursday to do some tests with the usual suspects (at least so far
as my work is concerned): Zope, Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, and maybe a
little JBoss.

The results will certainly be published.

            --jcc