[Zope] Users and passwords

Yannis Lionis j_melt@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 01:53:19 -0800 (PST)

--0-1480349947-1046857999=:92893

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with creating and accessing a new user. If I create a new user in the acl_users folder (login name: guest, password: guest) and then logout and try to login as guest, the password is not recognised. I took a look around the mailing list archives and discovered that others have been having the same problem, but I found no solution that works for me. But what _really_ worries me, is that when I add the new user and then try to edit its details, the password is (or looks) 8 characters long no matter what password I had entered! Is this normal behaviour? Can anybody help me on this?

Thanks!

Yannis