[Zope] Users and passwords

Yannis Lionis j_melt@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 02:29:06 -0800 (PST)

--0-1861187825-1046860146=:16669

Ok, false alarm... I read here and there that you need to logout AND close down the browser, but it only just occured to me to try closing down ALL instances of my browser. Then I was able to login as the new user.
Thanks anyway!

 Yannis wrote:

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with creating and accessing a new user. If I create a new user in the acl_users folder (login name: guest, password: guest) and then logout and try to login as guest, the password is not recognised. I took a look around the mailing list archives and discovered that others have been having the same problem, but I found no solution that works for me. But what _really_ worries me, is that when I add the new user and then try to edit its details, the password is (or looks) 8 characters long no matter what password I had entered! Is this normal behaviour? Can anybody help me on this?

Thanks!

Yannis

--0-1861187825-1046860146=:16669

<P>Ok, false alarm... I read here and there that you need to logout AND close down the browser, but it only just occured to me to try closing down ALL instances of my browser. Then I was able to login as the new user.
<P>Thanks anyway!&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Yannis </I></B>wrote:</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
<P>Hi everyone.</P>
<P>I have a problem with creating and accessing a new user. If I create a new user in the acl_users folder (login name: guest, password: guest) and then logout and try to login as guest, the password is not recognised. I took a look around the mailing list archives and discovered that others have been having the same problem, but I found no solution that works for me. But what _really_ worries me, is that when I add the new user and then try to edit its details, the password is (or looks) 8 characters long no matter what password I had entered! Is this normal behaviour? Can anybody help me on this? </P>
<P>Thanks!</P>
<P>Yannis</P>
<P><BR>
<HR SIZE=1>