[Zope] system down - how to prevent?

Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:48:39 +0000

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 12:34 pm, Roel Van den Bergh wrote:

> Feb 14 02:54:08 piwebserver Retrospect[27997]: FSGetNodeInfo: lstat failed
> on "/home/zope/2-5-1/var/Data.fs", error 75

errno 75 is EOVERFLOW, which I think is probably related to 2G file limits in
the backup software.

> a 'load- balancer', a 'client' and a 'server'. Could this be narrowed down
> to two machines?

Or down to one machine. You dont have to put ZEO server and application
servers on seperate boxes.

> And what if the actual 'ZEO server' goes down?

Today it is a single point of failure, so make sure that one box is well
engineered.

Keeping a cold standby ZEO server isnt hard, if you dont mind a disaster
losing a few recent transactions, and causing maybe an hour of downtime while
you swap the boxes. There are several options for maintaining this
replica.... Is that what you had in mind?

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson