[Zope] Help Needed - Case for Zope

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:47:50 -0500

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:14:14AM -0600, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
> Although benchmarks are a very small part of the story as far as I'm
> concerned, there is a need for such numbers. I think I'll try to find
> time Thursday to do some tests with the usual suspects (at least so far
> as my work is concerned): Zope, Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, and maybe a
> little JBoss.
>
> The results will certainly be published.

yay!
one request: please don't do anything that skeptics can point
to and say e.g. "but zope wasn't serving as much data".
there were a number of comparisons on the BwanaZulia page
where zope had a slight advantage in terms of bytes delivered.
It may seem trivial, but marketing zope vs. java-app-server-X
is an uphill battle, so every little bit matters.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com