[Zope] sending form data offsite

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:34:00 -0800

Ed Colmar wrote:

>Hi AM and zope cru!
>
>Here is the quick external method I built to do this...
>
>If anyone is familiar with urllib and can tell me if I need to do
>something different I'd appreciate it!
>
>def formsender(self, completeurl):
>    """ This method is used to transparently send form data to an external
>    server
>
>    completeurl is the entire url including form field values."""
>    import urllib
>    result = urllib.URLopener().open(completeurl)
>    urllib.URLopener().close()

I suppose this should work. I generally just use

fd = urllib.urlopen(<url>)
fd.close()

In both cases you can send the form data as another set of arguments to
the open method.
So does it do what you want??

AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes