[Zope] Zope vs Twiki - Can someone provide a comparison

Nesbitt, Steve snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:44:20 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E381.E81AEC00

All:

I'm expecting a showdown between those who want to standardize on Twiki and
me, who doesn't mind Twiki,  but doesn't want to move away from Zope/Plone.

Can anyone provide a quick overview between the two systems. In particular:
1) What problem space do the two systems address? Are they the same space or
different space?
2) Where does Twiki shine in comparison to Zope (with Plone)
3) What things are hard to do in Twiki that are easy to do in Zope and vice
versa?

I need a compelling argument for not converting my existing site to Twiki.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-steve

Steve Nesbitt
Configuration Manager
The Cobalt Group, Inc.
2200 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com
www.cobaltgroup.com
If it's automotive and it's Internet, it's Cobalt.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E381.E81AEC00

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Zope vs Twiki - Can someone provide a comparison</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm expecting a showdown between those who want to =
standardize on Twiki and me, who doesn't mind Twiki,&nbsp; but doesn't =
want to move away from Zope/Plone.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Can anyone provide a quick overview between the two =
systems. In particular:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>1) What problem space do the two systems address? =
Are they the same space or different space?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>2) Where does Twiki shine in comparison to Zope =
(with Plone)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>3) What things are hard to do in Twiki that are easy =
to do in Zope and vice versa?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I need a compelling argument for not converting my =
existing site to Twiki. Any help would be appreciated!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-steve</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Steve Nesbitt</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Configuration Manager</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>The Cobalt Group, Inc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>2200 First Avenue South</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Seattle, WA 98134</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>www.cobaltgroup.com </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>If it's automotive and it's Internet, it's Cobalt. =
</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>