[Zope] External Editor

Michael Long mlong@datalong.com
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:18:44 -0500

I have installed the External Editor client on windows XP Pro and
configured it to use gvim. First let me say that this is a great
product. I am having a problem whenever I close a file after editing it.
I get an error message saying that "External editor lost connection to
editor process." The only thing I have been able to find is this is from
the External editor site:

*If the editor launches, but the helper app complains that it lost its
connection to the editor process, this is because your editor detached
from the parent process (the helper app). Configure the editor such that
it does not do this. Unfortunately, many MDI applications do this and
cannot be configured otherwise. Look for a solution to this in a later
version of external editor.

Does anyone have any hints on how to "configure the editor"?

Thanks,
Mike