[Zope] Count User Logins

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:02:21 +0100

Stephan Herschel wrote at 2003-3-6 13:09 +0100:
 > I've got a Zope application where users have to authenticate themselves
 > to be able to view certain pages. Now I want to count the logins per
 > zope-user (disregarding the actual user-request identified by their
 > ip-addresses). Can this be done?

Yes, and, of course, there all lots of options:

  *  use a relational database table, indexed by user id (maybe ip-address)
     to count logins

  *  use a file per user on the file system to count logins

  *  use a small persistent object per user to count logins.
     Note that each login will write this object to the ZODB.
     Therefore, you place it either on a non-undoable storage
     or ensure, it is really small.

Dieter