[Zope] Logging a User Out

Edward Pollard pollej@uleth.ca
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:39:51 -0700

I'm up to my elbows in ripping apart the ZMI to find the code, and its
another basic idea, so I thought I'd throw it out to the list.

How can I programatically (Python/Page Templates) clear the login
information from the browser? That is - log someone out.

Setting up the permisions with the LDAP users was straightforward, but
at the moment all I can do is detect the lack of permissions and say
"Access Unauthorized". The only way to switch users is to open a new
browser. This, of course, is immature and - if you'll excuse the
colloquialism - sucks hard. So I'd like to offer a button that says "Log
me out".

Amusingly, the Security chapter of The Zope Book does not seem to cover
this. Maybe it shouldn't and I'm just easily amused.

Thanks,

Ed