[Zope] xmlrpc problems

Matthias Hörtzsch m_hoertzsch@yahoo.de
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:17:16 +0100

Hi all,

while trying something with xmlrpc and Amos examples
(http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/XML-RPC) I got while using the objectIds -
method an error: objectIds has an empty or missing docstring. Objects must
have a docstring to be published

If I use for example getId all works fine.

looking into the sources told me that objectIds comment (and also from many
other methods) looks like:

# Returns a list of subobject ids of the current object.
# If 'spec' is specified, returns objects whose meta_type
# matches 'spec'.

So if I change it to:
"""Returns a list of subobject ids of the current object.
        If 'spec' is specified, returns objects whose meta_type
        matches 'spec'."""

it works now and I get the results of the xmlrpc call.

So is this maybe a 'comment' bug and a case for the collector or should these
methods no more used via xmlrpc?

Greetings

Matthias

Bis zu 100 MB Speicher bei http://premiummail.yahoo.de