[Zope] newbie: exuserfolder-question

seila@gmx.de seila@gmx.de
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:53:57 +0100 (MET)

hi all,

i'm new to xuf (ExUserFolder), read all faqs, readmes, mailinglists
(hopefully ;-) and still have two short questions:
(i already posted this question last week to the exusermailinglist, but
didn't get listed till now :-(

1. sources
i already have a table for all my users. this table includes the basic
login fields (password, roles, user name) /and/ the so called properties
(email, street, etc.). as i dont't like the idea of changing this table
i'm wondering if it is possible/ a good idea to drop the *propsource part
of xuf and integrate my table columns into the *authsource part. or would
that break the whole (idea of the) product?
any hints? helpful ideas?

2. session-based login method
as many of my users won't accept cookies: did anybody try to extend the
cookie-based authentication by session-based authentication ?
any hints or helpful ideas?

any help appreciated.

regards,
seila