[Zope] ZODB vs Relational Databases

Jeremy Cowgar jcowgar@eldoserv.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:43:26 -0500

On Monday 10 March 2003 10:19 am, Michael Long wrote:
> It is encouraging to hear that the zope can handle some fairly large
> numbers. This was one of my biggest concerns. How is performance when
> retieving this data? Have you seen any degradation as the number of has
> grown, specifically have you seen any threshold that should be avoided?

Mike,

I am not certian of the answer to your question because I have not done
extensive benchmarking yet. I can say that it searches the text of the Bible
very quickly, but beyond that I'm not certain.

I have not noticed visible changes in Zope's response, but as for raw numbers,
I do not have any, sorry. Soon I will. I am still in the infancy of my
project and am just now getting to a place where benchmarking would be even
remotely useful.

Maybe someone else has an idea? I have heard of ZODB being multiple g's, but
second hand, not first.

Jeremy