[Zope] identify exception in PythonScript?

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:59:58 +0100

From: Dieter Maurer
> Fernando Martins wrote at 2003-3-9 17:14 +0100:
>  >
>  > Is there a way to do
>  >
>  > try:
>  >     something
>  > except:
>  >     print "Unexpected error:", sys.exc_info()[0]
>  >
>  > in a PythonScript?
>
> After you read the "README" for PythonScripts and provided
> the necessary security declarations to make "sys.exc_info"
> accessible...

Thanks. I'm starting to understand why are there so many missing
functionalities. It's quite frustrating to be looking for basic stuff in
Python which then doesn't work in the Scripts.

So, what's the approach people follow to deal with Scripts limitations? Just
put security declarations? for complete modules or just somefunctions? use
external methods? zclasses?

Are there some guidelines/hints on what could be allowed or not in scripts?

Looking for some light,

Fernando