[Zope] dtml-var calling python script.

Pavel Zaitsev pavel@md5.ca
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:50:42 -0800

Dylan Reinhardt(zope@dylanreinhardt.com)@Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:03:38AM -0800:
> >I have a python script(pyfoo) that expects 2 parameters foo1 and foo2.
> >I'd like to invoke the script from a dtml code.
> <dtml-var "pyfoo(foo1, foo2)">

Actually what I want the python script to do is, to inherit variables from
REQUEST, like it does when invoked directly from the web. If I call my python
script directly, then those variables are not *inhereted* from DTML REQUEST
object. I just wrote some more test cases, I guess variables that are not specified
in *a* method definition, would not be imported into namespace...
I guess I'd have to import all vars from REQUEST object by hand, but it seems kinda
hackerish.
any thoughts?

Create like god, rule like a king, work like a slave.