[Zope] Odd behavior based on allowed metatypes

Stacy Roberts stacyl_roberts@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:28:17 -0800 (PST)

I am in the process of creating container objects as a
Python process. I want a result similar to the
following structure.

Resource Store - contains only Resource Folders
Resource Folder - can contain multiple nestes Resource
Folders and a Resource Source
Resource Source - can contain only Resource Databases
Resource Database - can contain only Record objects

The Record objects have initially been developed as a
stand alone product.

My trouble begins in restricting the allowable
meta_types to only one meta_type. From within my
Resource Database, the factory method is not found. If
I allow another metatype to be added, everything works
fine. My Record objects can also be added to any other
standard Zope object. I have even went as far as to
place my Record product inside the Resources product.
In doing so, I included a factory method for the top
level of the Record inside my Resource Database class.
The record is then added, but top level icons are
lost.

The way things are behaving for me have totally defied
my understanding of how products operate inside Zope.
Can someone help me understand what is going on? Why
is the behavior different simply because I allow one
vs. more than one metatype to be added?

Thanks,
Stacy