[Zope] prevent printing?

Jónas Sigurðsson jonas@fakta.is
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:47:31 +0100

On the subject of stopping average Joe, a way I have used is a simple
alternate page for printing, returning "action denied" or special
formatted page for printing.

Insert this into your page header:

<link rel=alternate media=print href"{print formatted page or printing
denied}">

This will prevent most average users from printing the page, good enough
for many cases.

Jonas

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of
Chris Beaven
Sent: 11. mars 2003 02:25
To: baiewola@netscape.net
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] prevent printing?

To stop the average Joe printing privileged pages, try putting:

@media print
{ body { display:none; } }

at the end of your CSS. I haven't testied that, but I have seen similar
instances of it used before... If it doesn't work, try wrapping the
whole page in a div and make a custom class, hiding it the same way:

@media print
{ .wholepage { display:none; } }

Hope that helps,
Chris Beaven