[Zope] Re: Spinning Zope on MP3 file import

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:32:39 +0100

hpinson@indepthl.com wrote:

>Just tested, and the same 4.6 mb mp3 file uploads via FTP to a remote
>file system at ~253kbps in 3.01 minutes via my low-end DSL.
>
>The zope file object upload has been spinning for over an hour now.
>
>I know I can link to this from the file system-- i'm just trying to
>understand what seems an odd behavior, which I've seen occasionally
>before with large file objects going into Zope, -- I'm not really
>looking for a workaround.

You are certain that you use a POST method, and not a GET?

I could imagine that a GET method combined with a file upload could
wreck havoc to a given server/browser combo.

Naturally, if you are just doing a standard file upload in Zope it
should be correct.

Have you tried to upload smaller files, and see at which point you get
into trouble?

There should be no problem in oploading a file of that size to Zope.

regards Max M