[Zope] problem uploading pdf file via localfs

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:47:00 -0600

>I hope you are the right people to address my question. If not, please tell
>me who might help me with the following question:
>

>I am trying to upload a pdf file via a localfs object. Unfortunatelly I am
>getting a blank page to see within ms-ie.
>
>This is the code I am using:
>
><dtml-var standard_html_header>
><dtml-var standard_html_footer>

Probably not helpful, but just to make sure:

by "upload" you mean "transfer from server to client, such that the
client can display it"?

This is the opposite of my understanding of the term, and if it is also
yours, then your method is all turned about. I suspect not, however.

Now for the possibly helpful parts:

- does it work if youhave a PDF outside a LocalFS? If so, make sure your
LocalFS is recognizing it as a PDF and setting the mime-type correctly.
(Not that IE really pays attention to the MIME types.) Look under the
"properties" tab for this.

- does it work if you drop the "type" attribute from your anchor tag?

- when you click that link, does the browser url have the right file
name (esp. without a different extension, which will screw up IE to no
end.) Does it work right in other browsers? Try to view source to make
sure it's not some error page. Try the IE version of "Save link target
as..." from the linking page: does it save a valid PDF file?

That's really all the guesses I can make on the available information.

          --jcc