[Zope] xmlrpc problems

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:46:49 +0100

Matthias H=F6rtzsch wrote at 2003-3-11 09:18 +0100:
 > The calls to objectIds and getId are calls to Zope API methods, not to=
 self=20
 > defined methods. So I think parts of the Zope API have wrong comments =
and=20
 > thats why its not possible to make xmlrpc calls because there will be =
always=20
 > the missing docstring error.
 >=20
 > I think it would be a good idea to correct the comments in the Zope AP=
I.

The docstrings have been explicitly removed from these ObjectManager
methods because some eloquent Zope users had privacy concerns :-)

You can easily shaddow them; make Python scripts in your root, e.g.

    def myObjectIds():
      return context.objectIds()

and use your proxies instead of the official ones.

Dieter