[Zope] Creating a LocalContent object from a Python script

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:10:49 +0100

Igor Leturia wrote at 2003-3-11 17:54 +0100:
 >   I need to create a LocalContent object from within a Python script,
 > and I don't know how to do it. I think the function to be called is
 > manage_addLocalContent, and I try it as if I were adding a file
 > (context.manage_addLocalContent(id, title, languages)) but it says the
 > function does not exist.

I do not know what a "LocalContent" object is but usually you
use:

	destination.manage_addProduct[product_name].constructor(args)

where "destination" is the destination ObjectManager where the new
object shoult be placed into,
"productname" is the name of the product that defines the objects
class,
"constructor" is the constructor for this kind of objects
and "args" are the constructor arguments.

Dieter