[Zope] can zope port to java/dotnet?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:18:02 -0500

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 04:43:24PM +0000, Michael Havard wrote:
> Maybe we're looking at this from the wrong direction. Maybe the best way to
> leverage those skills and toolsets is in the area of interoperation instead
> of porting the whole shebang from trendy platform to trendy platform.
>
> For example lets say on my team I have 1 python, 6 java, and 2 .net people.
> I could use the python guy to create a product that communicated with a
> larger product created by the 6 java developers that used some other
> component created by the .net people.

how did you know? :)  Actually in my group we've got 1
python/zope/cmf guy (me), 1 lotus/domino guy, and 6 java developers.
There is no .NET here. Of course we sometimes argue over which system
should handle which task, and of course i think we should be doing a lot
more python / zope, but in general we do pretty well with this hybrid
setup.  Zope's role is mostly handling presentation
and content management, and most of the apps are database-driven jsp.

BTW, we don't use any xmlrpc or web services, it's all just server A
getting an http stream from server B and doing something with it.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com