[Zope] Re: Is Zope unique? Books?

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:03:58 +0100

Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Frederic Faure wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After building sites with PHP and templating engines, including
>> PHITE... I finally saw the light and understood the advantage of using
>> a tool that provides an object database at its core, and the
>> acquisition feature.
>>
>> For my personal knowledge... is Zope unique in providing those
>> features? What about commercial tools like ColdFusion or MS Content
>> Management Server?
>>

> I can't tell if Zope is unique, but CMSWatch gives you a good overview
> about CMS Products:
>   http://www.cmswatch.com/ContentManagement/Products/

Except that last I checked they charger $3000 a year to be on the list.
(I assume this is only for the commercial products, but anyway), so I
actually don't really trust it to be a GOOD overview. But it's an
overview, yes. :)

The best overview of CMS products I have found are unfortunately only in
german: www.contentmanagement.de

This one is pretty comprehensive too:
http://www.hartman-communicatie.nl/Content/tools.htm