[Zope] Re: pulling from another website

Passin, Tom tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:05:47 -0500

[ Gidon Friedman]

> a little python program (on the filesystem) that uses urllib2=20
> is probably what=20
> you want to do. i see a python product or or an external=20
> method showing up in=20
> your life very soon ;-)
>=20

Remember that you do NOT want to include an entire HTML page inside your
page.  that would give you multiple head and body elements, as well as -
perhaps - multiple DOCTYPE declarations.

So once you retrieve the remote page (I assume it is an HTML page, but
of course it might be something else), the chances are that you will
have to do some degree of processing on it.

That is one reason why the frame alternative is attractive (see my

Cheers,

Tom P