[Zope] Re: Re: pulling from another website

Michael Havard nhavar@hotmail.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:05:10 +0000

"javascript is evil. moreover, this won't work if someone browses the site
with e.g. lynx."

Sorry but what a complete crock of elitist crap. Javascript, just like any
other client side code, has it's uses (and abuses). Saying that Javascript
is evil even in part because it can't be used by browsers like Lynx is
equivelant to saying that CSS/Graphics are evil because the blind can't see
them. Or that HTML 4.0 is bad because IE3 and NS4 don't implement it well.

Yes there are alot of script kiddies and even professional designers out
there that use the propritary extensions (both MS's and Netscapes) and cause
sites to be inaccessible to certain users. I think instead of bashing the
language we should advocate better use. Let's keep blanket statements like
"XXXXX is evil" out of the groups and focus on helping developer create
better more accessible content using ALL of the tools at their disposal.