[Zope] "root default view was probably deleted"

Kent Tenney kent@springfed.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:02:12 -0600

Chris Withers wrote:
> Kent Tenney wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>> I receive this error when I try to add a product from the ZMI.
>>
>> What is "root default view", and where do I get another?
>

> Probably means index_html in the root of your Zope instance.

Indeed.

 From ZMI, I drop down the 'add' list of products.

When I select one, I am sent directly to the error.

If index_html exists, instead of the error, I get the index_html page !

The ZMI seems very broken, I am unable to add any products.

>> HTML source of error page;

> <snip>
> Read the HTML you're pasting :-(
Sorry. Here's frame->source, doesn't seem to offer anything useful.

&nbsp;

   <h2>Site Error</h2>

   Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.<p>Check the URL and try
   <hr NOSHADE>

   <ul>
   <li>The URL may be incorrect.</li>
   <li>The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.</li>
   <li>A resource that this resource relies on may be
       encountering an error.</li>
   </ul>

   refer to the HTML source for this page.

   Thank you for your patience.