[Zope] Mozilla 1.3 and Zope 2.5.1 manage not working nicely

Stefan Loidl Stefan.Loidl@lrz-muenchen.de
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:05:31 +0100

Charles Y. Choi wrote:
> Chris Beaven wrote:
>
>> Hrm, I've got Moz 1.3 (Win32) and have been connecting just fine to my
>> 2.5.1 server... (and 2.6.1 test server)
>> What is "not working" exactly?
>

> Sorry, my last message was not precise enough:
>
> I get intermittent problems with instantiating new objects in Zope
> 2.5.1. using Mozilla 1.3.  What will happen is
> that I will get unrendered HTML code in multiple panes and a message
> that a global name is not defined such as:
>
> NameError: global name 'SonicsBookmark' is not defined
>
> where SonicsBookmark is a locally defined ZClass product.
>

> Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've got similar problems with Zope 2.5.1 and Mozilla 1.3 under Linux.
Sometimes the HTML code is not rendered and sometimes a gif is not displayed.
I haven't got this problems if I use Mozilla 1.3 under Windows or if
I use the beta of Mozilla 1.3.

My first thought was that the problem might have something to do with
caching in Mozilla, so I disabled disk and memory caching in the Browser,
but this didn't help.

Currently I don't know where the problem is (Mozilla or Zope).

Stefan