[Zope] IIS-VirtualHostMonster

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:30:26 -0300

>>> Volker thinks that IIS provides much better ways than the ASP404
>>> approach.

Actually, Volker's method is an anternative, and not necessarily a much
better way than ASP404, by his own words.

For one thing, the method he discovered is a redirect. Also, the client
sees the VHM URL, which we usually want to hide since it adds no value
to the end user.

I don't like the concept of the ASP404 approach either, but so far it
has been the closest analog to the Apache paroxypass architecture which
is our preferred way of deploying Zope on Unix.

Like proxypass, ASP404 gives us full control of the URLs, and allows
the Zope server to be protected from the Internet, exposing only IIS. I
don't know whether Zope is more or less vulnerable than IIS, but some
of our larger customers have security teams who know IIS but don't grok
Zope, so redirecting is not an option.

--
Luciano