[Zope] ZopeTime error

Florian Konnertz florian.konnertz@web.de
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:06:27 +0100

Hi Dieter,

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Florian Konnertz wrote at 2003-3-19 10:37 +0100:
>  > Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  > ...
>  > > Look at line 416 of ZWikiPage and check the call there.
>  > The log of the client object shows the raw text of the wiki page. This
>  > looks fine for me. Can you guess if it's ok? (Compared to other client
>  > objects?)
>
> Sometimes, communication is really difficult....
...hmmm

>   You seem to be a fan of logs.
:-) Far sure! I've got already 300terabytes only zope logs ;-)

>   I am a fan of looking at code and debugging.
Ok, cool, i'm becoming the same :)

> What code do you see around line 416 of "ZwikiPage.py"?
>  > ....
>  > AFAICS both objects exists correctly. What am i missing? Maybe you have
>  > another hint, Dieter - Which furtherdebugging measures could i do?
>
> I cannot when I say look at code and you reply with a log...
>
> I know that "ZopeTime" is defined by the application object
> (that is the root of your WebSite).
>
> When a DTML object cannot find "ZopeTime", then the DTML namespace
> is somehow cut such that is contains not element which
> can acquire the root. Somewhere, "client" was not passed.
Ok, these words helped me understand... - "the namespace is cut" - I see.

> I cannot tell you where...

Yep, ok - I know what you mean.

Thanks for your patience!

The solution was quite easy... (see the other postings) -
But i still wonder why it worked the first days on that zope instance -
I don't remember having changed the default settings, (maybe my
colleague was it?)

Best wishes ,
Florian

--