[Zope] Mailhost problem

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:43:41 -0800

I have been using the mailhost send API call to send email.

I found that you cant use the character ':' (colon) in the body of the
message or else the behaviour is wierd. ie email that it sends out has
nothing in the subject and other fields and they are inserted in the
body of the message.

For eg:

context.mailhost.send(messageText='test : doda\n', mto=<email>,
mfrom='email', subject='test')

sends in a email like this:

test : doda
To: aseem@neurobs.com
From: webmaster@neurobs.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:09:59 -0800

Anybody else see this behavior??
Are there any other characters that can cause this knid of behavior and
need to be filtered out??

Thanks
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes