[Zope] Beginner question: How to install a product

Imre Steer imre.steer@pvrt.hu
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:34:42 +0100

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Now I can get RemoteUserFolder in Zope but how can I link it to a directory
(or to the Root Folder)?
At first I tried to add a RemoteUserFolder for a test directory under the
Root Folder. I succeeded, now there is a Remote User Folder object but how
can I make it active? I just want that if I change the Security tab on a
document so that only authenticated users should view it than anybody who's
in the Alternative User Object Folder should have the right to view it and
nobody who's not in it.
Is there a way to replace the original User Folder object with the
Alternative User Folder i want to use? I'm afraid that after I just simply
delete it from the root folder i couldn't add the replacement because then I
won't be able log in as admin.
I'm sorry about the idiot questions. I think it's general with all the
alternative user folders that can be used with Zope but I couldn't find any
clear reference on how to use them.

> in

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/MaintainingZope.
stx