[Zope] zope-2.6.1+zeo-2.0.2 not trouble

Bakhtiar A Hamid kedai@kedai.com.my
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:08:46 +0800

On Saturday 22 March 2003 04:30, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Bakhtiar A Hamid wrote at 2003-3-21 11:08 +0800:
>  > ....
>  > running ./stop will only kill the parent process, i.e 17160 in the b=
elow
>  > example.  the other processes can only be killed with a kill -9 1716=
1.

> You find a corresponding problem report and patch in the collector:
>
>   Zope's shutdown implementation (new in 2.6.1) is broken.
>   It tries to close the database connections inside
>   the signal handler. As it acquires a lock for this,
>   a deadlock results when another thread helds the lock.
>
> That patch is very crude.

thanks dieter.  but the patch in the collector doesn't patch neatly fot t=
he=20
ClientStorage.py

i haven't looked at it yet, and am not sure whether i can patch it by han=
d.

> Toby has a more general solution in a CVS branch.

i have checked out zope2_6 branch, and hope that toby's solution is merge=
d=20
already.  if things still go wrong, i'll try that.  if things still go wr=
ong,=20
i'd have to revert to 2.5.1, unfortunately

> Search the archives for details.
>

> All the above is only about the 'cannot be killed other than by "kill -=
9"'.
> It does not address the hanging.
>
> We, too, see this behaviour -- but only under Solaris and
> not under Linux. We use ZEO 1 with Zope 2.6.1.

hope to hear from you when you solve this.

> Dieter
thanks