[Zope] SSL Support

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
25 Mar 2003 14:11:49 +0000

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 21:19, Matt Ficken wrote:
> Does Zope support SSL?
>
> Is there a way I can enable/activate that support from a product?

No and yes.

Zope doesn't have SSL out of the box.  But just about anything you want
to accomplish with SSL can be done one way or another.  :-)

If you're looking to serve HTTPS content, I'd recommend running Zope
behind Apache with mod_ssl.  It's not the only way of doing this, but it
is a very well-documented and stable solution.

Other SSL stuff (checking client certs, posting secure transactions) are
possible too.  Do a search on www.zope.org for some relevant pointers
and products.  If you still have questions, please tell us a bit more
about what you're trying to do.

Dylan