[Zope] AWStats and ZCGI installation

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:38:36 +0000

Kristina Quimson Buenafe wrote:
> The high-level problem I'm trying to solve is to get web server log
> statistics out of Z2.log so I can analyze them for my thesis.

What lead you to choose AWStats over the other log analysis software that is
available?

> Well, the problem is there pretty loud and clear ;-)
> You need to find out why AWStats can't find its config file...
>
> Ok - awstats.cidac1.sys.virginia.edu.conf is in the cgi-bin directory with
> awstats.pl

I'm afraid I know nothing about AWStats so can't tell you if that's correct or
not. What ways are there to get help for AWStats?

> I think I followed the setup instructions correctly (putting the cgi-bin and
> icon directories in my Zope root directory and changing the settings in
> awstats.cidac1.sys.virginia.edu.conf, will check them again.

Are you using Apache in front of Zope? If not, maybe you should consider it and
then run AWStats as a CGI under Apache rather than trying torun it as a CGI
under Zope...

cheers,

Chris