[Zope] Accessing httplib from a Zope Python script

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
27 Mar 2003 09:21:57 +0000

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 15:50, Sean Winstead wrote:

> Then I receive the following error when posting to the page:
>
>   Error Type: Unauthorized
>   Error Value: You are not allowed to access HTTP in this context

Ignore the issues with your script.  Your *real* problem is that PayPal
won't accept HTTP for this connection, you must use HTTPS.

Posting HTTPS from Zope is a bit more difficult, given that vanilla
Python 2.1 doesn't support SSL.  What you want is a library called
M2Crypto.  If you're on Windoze, you're in luck, b/c there are binaries
available... but if you're on Linux, you've got some compiling to do.
(You'll need SWIG set up before you can compile M2Crypto.)

See: http://www.zope.org/Members/dylanr/secure_post for hints on how to
proceed once you've got M2Crypto in place.

HTH,

Dylan