[Zope] Initial login

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:54:08 -0600

>> What username & password do I use when I want to connect to:-
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/manage
>

> If you are on Unix, you use the username and password that was displayed
> when installing.
>
> If you are on Windows, you use the username and password you entered
> when installing.

Which is to say, Zope maintains its own user system (though products
exist to allow it to use your system users.)

>> Also, can someone tell me which program gets called when I use
>> 'manage' when connecting?
>
> Zope.

'manage' is a web-published method of whatever object you're calling it
on (via the URL), which in this case it the root folder of your Zope
installation. It creates the Zope Management Interface (ZMI).

          --jcc