[Zope] Data.fs error on Pack

Jon Whitener wmmail@twmi.rr.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:52:52 -0500

I have a similar problem.  I installed Zope on Linux as a regular user, but then changed it to run as root so that ZServer can use port 80.  I changed the ownership of the var directory to root, and use the command line parameter -u regularUser.

Now I can run Zserver on port 80, but I cannot pack the ZODB via the Web.  I get:

   Error Type: IOError
   Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/user/Zope-2.6.0/var/Data.fs.pack'

I'm no Linux expert.  What do we need to do to start Zope as root, switch running to a regular user (using -u on z2.py), and still be able to pack the database?

Jon Whitener
Detroit, Michigan USA