ZopeProfiler danger (was: Re: [Zope] ZSyncer Error)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:36:02 +0100

AM wrote at 2003-3-26 13:00 -0800:
 > Used ZopeProfiler instead.

As author of ZopeProfiler, I would like to inform you that
ZopeProfiler does not play well with other products that
customize "ZServer.PubCore.ZServerPublisher.publish_module".

We know that this happens for WingIDE's Zope debugging support.
The installation of ZopeProfiler (not necessary to enable it,
installation is enough) completely confused the WingIDE
debugger and lets it try to debug *all* requests and
not only those that use the debugging port.
As a result, all Zope operations are by an order of magnitude
slower.

This has nothing to do with your ZSyncer problem.
I just wanted to note our recent experience that ZopeProfiler, too,
can have adverse effects on other products.

Dieter