[Zope] Zope backup

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:57:30 +0200

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote at 2003-3-28 14:18 -0800:
 > Copying a FileStorage while transactions are being appended to the end of it
 > potentially means that the copy completes with before the transaction commit
 > is totally flushed to the file, so there is always the possibility that your
 > backup is going to need to have half-written transactions manually truncated
 > to be used on either a replica or a new Zope/ZSS instance; this isn't that
 > big of a deal ....

When I understand this right, then this is done automatically
when the "FileStorage" is opened.

I refer to a question in the mailing list: Someone reported
many files with strange extensions in his "var" folder.
A ZODB developer (Jeremy?) replied they were incomplete
transaction records found when the storage was opened.

Dieter