[Zope] How do I integrate zope with apache

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
04 May 2003 13:13:25 -0700

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 08:28, Mosquito wrote:
> I've also got an apache
> server running and I was wondering how I can integrate the zope interface to
> be used with my linux apache server.  I'm a total linux nub so go easy on me

Well... if you're not familiar with Apache at all, I'd recommend reading
the Apache docs pretty carefully.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

Apache is a straightforward program, but if you're a Linux newbie, any
sufficiently large config file can be daunting.  :-)

Once you've done that, you'll want to go and re-read the howto on URL
rewriting:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/rewriteguide.html

The big picture here is that you want Apache to hand off requests to the
running Zope instance when the request matches certain patterns.  That
pattern could range from all requests received to requests at certain
addresses.  You'll want to use RewriteRule to find these matches and to
pass off the request when a match is found.

Zope will typically be set up with a Virtual Host Monster when you run
it behind Apache.  Add a VHM object to your Zope root and check out the
documentation available by clicking on it.

That should be enough to get you headed in the right direction... come
on back with specific questions if you hit a snag.

HTH,

Dylan