[Zope] html_quote, quoting accents

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon, 5 May 2003 10:15:55 -0400

Troy,

OK, well for the purpose of this example, and where I'm starting, is =
with
CMF Metadata, such as the title.

A user enters the metadata using their regular keyboards and so on, =
which
means the accented characters are typed in in ISO-8859-1, and stored as =
such
I guess? (since technically this value isn't HTML, it should be stored =
in
it's native character set)

Now when I output the Title, it comes out in ISO-8859-1 properly, but =
I'd
like to force it encoded as an HTML entity, so when a user enters the =
word
"r=E9gion" in the Title, it'll be entered/saved that way, and by =
default be
output that way, but ...

My understanding was that uting html_quote would transform that into
"région" ... But it's not doing anything different for me.  Same =
with
entity notation, &dtml-Title; doesn't do the html_quoting either.

This is using the default metadata templates, or close enough that =
changes I
have made shouldn't matter (I've extended the metadata, but not =
modified the
existing DC setup).

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this command? Or is there =
something
else I'm not getting?

Thanks,
J.F.