[Zope] oops, commit error ZODB (what's this)?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 16:47:50 -0500

>2003-05-03T14:37:58 ERROR(200) ZODB A storage error occured during transaction abort.  This shouldn't happen.
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.6.1-src/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 261, in commit
>  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.6.1-src/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 392, in _commit_error
>AttributeError: Surrogate instance has no attribute '_p_oid'
>
>I do not know what this might mean, but i'm curious - or should i say worried :).
>At first i thought this might be a problem using exUserFolder (with Radius remote authentication of users) so i replaced it (i read somewhere a discussion about commit errors and ZMySQLDA interfering with exUserFolder - or so it seemed). But still these problems kept appearing.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe this has in the past turned out
to be a database adapter problem. Search the list for that error
message. (Although it seems the searchability of the list is sometimes
spotty.)

My only advice without such a reference is to make sure you're running
an up-to-date version of your adapter et al. I would hope someone on the
list who actually knows about this could respond, but you take what you
can get around here.

          --jcc