[Zope] Load a document in ExternalMethod

Fabio Rolando ziofunk@tiscali.it
Wed, 07 May 2003 17:32:04 +0200

I realize that I should have preponed "Newbie" in my question (;-P),
because I dont even know what the "brain" is (...in this context I mean...)

However, I managed to get the object with
object = self.Catalog.getobject(data_record_id_)

Discussing about the opportunity of using ExternalMethod would be quite
interesting for me too, but I thought not to bother the list too much, yes,
if you're so kind to give me your opinion I'd be really thankfull. The
reason why I want to use External Method is that I need to read back the
object found by the catalog, parse it and extract some quote of the text to
make some sort of Google-like response. For this I was thinking to use the
RegularExpression module that cannot be used in "internal" python script...
then, I also thought it could have been good to get some experience with
external methods.

Cheers,
Fabio