[Zope] Re: [Plone-users] Re: Zope databasw

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 07 May 2003 15:29:43 -0500

>If you really really want to use an RDBMS to store the actual ZODB,
>you can search for AdaptableStorage or DirectoryStorage, but that's
>quite advanced stuff and you'd need a good reason to do it.

AdaptableStorage (Ape, now, right?) maybe: it can do anything.
DirectoryStorage is a file-system based storage, with nothing and
nothing else to do with relational databases. Unless you consider the
filesystem to be an RDB, in which case you're wrong. (The filesystem is
a database, and usually a pretty good one, but it is not relational.)

There are various specialized RDB-based storages: BerkleyDB, Oracle,
maybe others. These map the ZODB into a relational database. I don't
know that I'd prefer these over FileStorage or DirectoryStorage.

          --jcc