[Zope] (no subject)

Anand Hattiangadi anand.hattiangadi@Sun.COM
Thu, 08 May 2003 17:15:10 -0700

I have installed Zope on a Red Hat 9 server, set ownership of everything
to myself, installed CMF and CMFPlone. I can start up (running as
myself), and initially everything seems to be running fine. However,
after clicking around a few spots on the /manage page or a test plone
site everything grinds to a halt. The Z2.log shows no more requests,
stupid.log (Error severity level = 0) shows no further entries besides
the usual startup INFO(0) entries, the server doesn't respond any more.

The only thing to do is to stop and start (from command line, killing
process), and if that doesn't work I manually delete the temp files/lock
files from the /opt/zope/var, and that does the trick.

I installed basically the same deal on RH 8 on a different machine and
it worked like a charm.  Do you know of any incompatibilities with RH9?
Do the downloaded binaries not work? Or is it some other problem
entirely?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Anand
--