[Zope] searching for a blank value

Michael Havard nhavar@hotmail.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 15:07:11 +0000

Okay I have my FieldIndexes set up to search by 4 fields. Searching works
great unless you need to search for a blank field.

Lets say I have a search where I need to find
Field1='Test'
Field2='Test'
Field3=''
Field4=''

the search string looks like

/search?Fields1=Test&Field2=Test&Field3=&Field4=

The search would return all records where the first two fields matched PLUS
the rest of the records that had any values at all. So I might get back
records with a field list like:

1) 'Test' 'Test' 'Test' 'Test'
2) 'Test' 'Test' 'Test' ''
3) 'Test' 'Test' '' ''

When all I really need is #3.

I did a search through the ZOPE site and the only thing I could find in
regards to this was an old ZOPE Collector item #2423 that talked about
having broken searching blank FieldIndexes. Anyway to unbreak this?