[Zope] GET vs. POST

Eron Lloyd elloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
Fri, 9 May 2003 14:37:55 -0400

On Friday May 9 2003 2:14 pm, Dennis Allison wrote:
> Thank Eron,
> We use session variable extensively.  However, there are many instances
> where that is not appropriate, for example, forms.  -d

Perhaps I misunderstood your use case. If you are having users input data into
a form, it then silently passes through to the action object (whether it be a
script, page, etc.) silently in the REQUEST.form (which you can then get to).
If you need this information to stay persistant throughout several pages
(i.e. a multi-page form, or simply HREFs), sessions *will* work here, too.
Check out that book chapter I referenced under the section "Embedding A
Browser Id Into An HTML Link" for concepts. Another option I've found handy
is forming arguments based on path traversal, especially with SQL methods.

Take care,

Eron

--
Eron Lloyd