[Zope] moving zope site

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Mon, 12 May 2003 02:12:38 -0700

Webmaster Expert RH wrote:
> Here is my situation, I have a hosted zope web site, w/ VHM.
> Two Domain names www.old.com and www.new.com point to the same folder
> myWebSite
> Questions are :
> - how can i detect which domain name is asked (the old one or the new
> one)
> - in case the old DN is asked I want to RESPONSE a redirect to the new
> DN and set a (is it 303) message for robots to reindex (moved
> definitely) my site

Don't use Zope for this, use your fronting web server (Apache).  In
the virtual host directive for expert-rh.com put a RedirectPermanent
directive like:

RedirectPermanent / http://expertancy.com/

RedirectPermanent is part of mod_alias.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_alias.html#redirectperm

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying