[Zope] WARNING: Packing is dangerous!!! (zope <= 2.6.1)

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 10:44:09 -0400

> Sorry for the caps in the subject, but it seems this bug is not nearly
> well publicized enough.*  People keep stumbling onto this bug
> on their own and writing to the list about it.
>
> In Zope 2.6.1, 2.6.0, and probably 2.5.x at least:
> Packing a FileStorage (Data.fs) can lead to some loss of data.
> http://collector.zope.org/Zope/875

Jeremy (the ZODB pope) will be looking at this tomorrow (he is out
today). It appears that we have an easily reproducable recipe, so
he should be able to give some guidance on this fairly quickly.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com